I don't expect I'll get any sympathy.
A week ago I was in California with 2 wonderful little girls, and their parents, and their uncle and his sweetie. Karen is worried I won't remember what happened while I was there, but because I have pictures to remind me, I think I'll be okay in getting everything posted in the next few days.
Thursday morning very early, a little 3 year old angel came walking down the stairs. She looked over the banister and saw me on the couch. She flew down the remaining stairs and ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug ever. Then she snuggled down under the blanket with me and we had a nice chat about all the things we would do while I was here. I told her about my new house and she is very anxious to come visit, but I think mostly that's because I have "toys" in my backyard.
The first thing we did was make some cookies. Nora was such a good helper. Mommy and Daddy don't let her crack the eggs, but Nana did, and she did a perfect job (except for that really little piece of shell, but I fished that out)!
After we added the flour, Nora thought it would be fun to turn the mixer on full-blast. Oops.
She was prompt to tell me "Mommy let's me lick the beater!"
Next, we got the girls dressed in their new clothes that Nana brought them and we drove to Kiddie Kandid to get pro-pictures taken. They found this fun fire engine to drive. Mommy said she didn't have any change to feed the fire engine, but Nana was able to find some! (I used to tell my kids the machines were broken, but that they could sit on them for a few minutes. Now that I'm a grandmother, I have no problem with feeding the machines!)
If I had been thinking (which I rarely do these days) I would have remembered that my purse camera has video capabilities. That would have been a lot more interesting than trying to capture moving targets with a still photo. Sorry.
Isn't this little lammy just so dang cute? The answer would be YES! Sweet Sara showing us what she found while we were waiting for their pictures to be printed.
Next up was lunch with Daddy.
Hugs for Nora! Hugs for Sara- but I didn't quite snap the photo in time.

The burger place we went to had a separate play area inside the building so the kiddos could play while we waited for our food to be brought to us. Maybe Sara is thinking she would be really good at air hockey if she was just a little taller.
Hello Nora! You look like you're having a good time.
Thursday night, Mommy and Daddy went to dinner while Nana watched the girls. We had a good time! Tomorrow's adventure will be the train ride to L.A.!
No comments:
Post a Comment