Last April when Laura was here with Agnes for Caleb's baby blessing, Laura had an idea to put Agnes' handprint on a tile and then fire it, thereby making it a permanent impression. It turned out beautifully. When I went to CA in June of last year for Sara's baby blessing, I continued the idea and got Nora's handprint and Sara's footprint (because she didn't want to get her pretty little hands messy), and I think we got Caleb's handprint before they left for Texas last summer. The tiles had been sitting around since then, waiting like a fine wine, to "age to perfection" which is another way of saying "waiting for me to get off my backside and do something with them."
I finally figured out how to incorporate them into my babies' room. I took them to JoAnn's and had a metal frame placed around the tile. Here's a close-up of Agnes' handprint.
And, we have an extra one waiting for Agnes' little baby brother to put his mark on the world. Or, at least on the tile.
3 comments:
Do you have the paint? I almost bought more stuff to do it this year, but it was a last minute thing and I didn't want to be stressed out getting it done if you've still got the stuff with you. Do you no longer want one every year, just last years? Because that's really cute with just the one of all of them. Or we can keep making them each year. I haven't found a place to fire them here, but I haven't really looked into it. Do you think we can get Eliot's feet or will we need to do his foot like Sara?
We did Caleb's hands when we were down in California for Sara's blessing. And I don't think Sara was worried about getting her hands dirty -- it was just so bloody hard to get those babies (meaning Sara and Caleb) to cooperate.
What happens when grandbaby number six comes along? There's no more wall space. Do we all have to quit having babies?
On the contrary, there's plenty more wall space. It just wasn't captured by the camera. Have as many babies as you'd like!
Post a Comment