Pin It!

Friday, May 30, 2008

The President meets the President

The following is an excerpt from KSL.com published yesterday.

"President Bush has boarded Air Force One as he prepares to leave Utah after meeting with leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints this morning.

"A White House spokeswoman told us President Bush said he would never miss an opportunity to meet with the LDS Church's First Presidency because, "They spread the word of love."

"The last time President Bush visited with the LDS Church's First Presidency was August 2006. He stopped at church headquarters, meeting with then-President Gordon B. Hinckley, President Thomas S. Monson and President James E. Faust. He was in Salt Lake City to speak to the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention. And in February 2002, both President and Mrs. Bush traveled to Salt Lake to be part of Opening Ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. They stopped at the Church Administration Building for a photo opportunity with the First Presidency."

So my question is this-

Which president would you rather meet and what would you talk about?

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Abraham Lincoln!! He's my favorite. And he's basically been to my house...I know my house wasn't built...But there's a monument to him where he gave a speech once and it's like 2 miles away. So I bet he was close!

Amy said...

Wow - I didn't know that about Honest Abe - how cool. I'm not totally sure if I'd want to meet President Monson or President Bush. I talked to President Monson on the phone once and made a TOTAL and COMPLETE fool of myself - so maybe I'd go with Bush. But most importantly did you see that Sister Beck got to go on Air Force One too! Awesome!!!