How was your Memorial Day weekend? We went to St. George on Friday morning and returned home last night. It was a nice break. On the way down, we were listening to the radio until we could no longer get good reception, so Bud said I should turn on the CD player. I did, and it was still loaded with Christmas music! The CD player is in the back of the Jeep, (although there is a single disc player connected to the radio) so I couldn't do anything about changing the music without stopping the car, so we just listened to the Christmas music. Appropriately, just before we got to Beaver, we went through a spot that was covered with snow. Covered! I wanted to grab my camera so you could see it, but it was way in the back (yeah, by the CD player) and I couldn't get to my camera, so I have no picture. Anyway, it made the music fit the scenery. Somehow it all seemed right. Not many people can listen to Christmas music in May, and not many other people can stand the people that CAN listen to that in May.
I didn't get any of my projects accomplished, in fact, I didn't even take the project out of the bag. Pathetic.
I listened to a stirring tribute to the soldiers on PBS. It reminded me that Memorial Day is more than just barbecue kickoff day.
1 comment:
Ha ha. When Caleb and I drove out to Sacramento from Utah, I played Christmas music because it was the only thing I could sing along to and hence keep me awake. :)
Post a Comment