Pin It!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The No-good Movie Theater


On a whim, Bud and I decided to go to the movie over the weekend. I had wanted to see "21" since it came out, and now it's at the dollar theater! The next viewing was at 4:05 and it was 3:35. We killed some time by looking for a new lamp at the furniture store (didn't find one), and then finished killing the time at a kitchen store, both in the same complex as the theater. We stayed a couple minutes too long in the kitchen store (it's my addiction, I admit it, but I didn't buy anything!) but got our tickets and were in the theater by 4:10. It had already started! What happened to the five minutes of previews that are supposed to come before the main attraction? We tried to pay attention as fast as we could, but we (or at least I) was lost. I thought it was showing us a flashback or something. How could the movie be this into the story with us only missing the first couple minutes? By 4:25, the movie was OVER. WHAT? What was going on? All of us in the theater looked around at each other. We were all confused. Finally, someone came in and said oh, sorry, there was a mix-up and the movie we'd just finished watching started at 2:something because of a misprint in the newspaper, but that they'd start it right up again for us. The movie was now spoiled for me and I did not want to sit through 2 hours to put the pieces together. I walked out to the lobby and told them I wanted my money back. They didn't want to give it to me, but eventually they had to cough up all $3.00 because sometimes I can get pretty pushy when I think I've been unfairly dealt with. Perhaps I should work on being a softer person during those times in my life. "Try a little harder to be a little better." GBH. My new mantra and all. Guess I better try a LOT harder!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh that's so frustrating!!! Cody and I saw 21 on Memorial Day and it's pretty good..You should give it another chance sometime!