While I was reading different blogs, I came across two recipes that sounded like I should try them. I didn't realize they were the SAME recipe (with the exception of one having 2 Tbsp more flour and 1 tsp more vanilla than the other) until I printed them out. Last week, Cheryl brought me a CCC that was topped with coconut (Karen definitely wouldn't like that!). It was yummy, so I added coconut to some of them. Maybe I should quit my job here and go to work for different bakeries learning their secrets to find the ultimate CCC. I gave the blog recipe a try, and added coconut to half of the cookies when they had about 4 minutes left to bake.


These are not the to-die-for cookies I was hoping for. In fact, I didn't even enjoy tasting the dough. What good is a ccc if the dough can't be snacked on while you're baking them? In its defense, it does make a chewy fairly tasty cookie, it's just not the ultimate. Bring on the ultimate if you have one. I'd love to try it.
I'll post the recipe, but I bet you won't make these (see how much a reviewer can sway your opinion? Which is exactly why I made these in the first place...they got raves from both sites that had it posted).
Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cream together the melted butter and sugars until well blended. Beat in the vanilla and egg and yolk until light and creamy.
Mix together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls or use medium cookie scoop onto prepared sheets, about 3-in. apart.
Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly toasted.
5 comments:
sometimes you just can't beat the regular homemade ccc that is listed on the bag of cc's!! That's the one I use and we love it. What makes all the difference is the pan you cook them on! I use my Pampered Chef bar stone and pizza stone, and they are the best - to die for - ccc...
http://www.megnut.com/2007/05/a-mean-chocolate-chip-cookie
She's got an excel spreadsheet with a bunch of recipes that you can try. i like the cook's illustrated, alton brown and david lebowitz recipes
I don't know how you possibly went from "I want the best cookie ever" to "I think I'll add coconut." It's a complete contradiction in terms.
Karen is totally right. Adding coconut to cookies is definitely a step in the WRONG direction.
Thanks for the advice, SJ, but I can't understand measurements like: 2.04 cups all-purpose flour
0.79 tsp. salt
0.79 tsp. baking soda
0.805 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
0.2737 stick unsalted butter, cold
0.5313 stick unsalted butter, melted
But it was interesting to see someone else out there was looking for the ultimate CCC recipe also.
Post a Comment