Pin It!

Monday, December 8, 2008

The View From The Top

When we got up as high as the elevator of death would take us, I took this picture and then realized that there was a flight of stairs that would take us just a little higher, up away from the wires that made picture taking a little more difficult.

I was so pleased at the wonderful view that was waiting for us at the very top of the tower.




Look at this soccer game. Look at the tiny people!
We stayed up at the top for quite awhile, although it was very cold. The wind whips around up there! We ate dinner at a little cafe on the second level of the tower. Mostly we were killing time, hoping for the sun to go down enough that the lights on the tower would come on so I could get some night shots before we headed back to the hotel, however, I was famished so I didn't exactly mind getting something to eat.
This was the last picture I took on the tower and it was on the second level. There's quite a difference between the distance to the ground from the very top and the second level.
It looks like we stayed up there long enough for the lights to come on!
Isn't it so pretty?
The photo above shows the true lighting, however, my camera couldn't catch the pictures well enough so I had to change the settings.
So awesome. This was what I was waiting for all these years.
This is the front side (or street side) of the tower. I have no explanation for the stars.
This carousel was across the street. I should have stopped for a crepe they were selling nearby, but as you recall, I'd just finished eating a few moments ago, so no crepe. I know, I know...how do you go all the way to Paris and not eat a crepe? I have no explanation for the lack of crepe eating.

So that's it. That was our trip from start to finish. We had a great time. I hope you enjoyed it vicariously!

4 comments:

regular grandma said...

What a great trip. I enjoyed your report tremondously.

Nora's world said...

You didn't get a picture of YOU at the top of the tower?

Bekah said...

I do enjoy it vicariously. The picture of the Tower are amazing. I love the carousel.

Patti said...

I posted a picture of me at the top of the tower on the post "Pins and Needles" from a couple weeks ago.