Having waited in vain for a train for nearly an hour only to realize that we (along with dozens and dozens of other not-in-the-know people) were waiting at the wrong platform and would have waited an eternity before a train ever stopped there, Bud noticed that down the line a bit, people were getting on and off a train. We decided to check that one out, and EVERYONE ELSE soon followed us (we must have looked like we knew where we were going). After emerging from the depths of the train station, this is the first thing I saw (give or take), but I don't know what it is.

Still not knowing where we were or how to get to where we wanted to be, I saw this cool building.

A few minutes after seeing that, we saw a couple of police! Hurray! We asked them how to get to the Louvre. They told us we were just a few blocks away from it. It was just down the street. On our way, I saw this cute little cafe. Doesn't it look just like a Paris cafe should look?

This is pretty much directly across the street from the Louvre. It's a Catholic Cathedral.

And finally, the inside court of our first destination, the Louvre. Look how empty it is!

We came in through a side entrance, so my first view wasn't of the glass pyramids as I had expected. But through there- you can see it/them.


Look! I'm really there!

Isn't he cute?




And here's the lady I wanted to see most of all. It was difficult to get a good picture because she's behind glass and you can't get physically close, so I had to zoom in from the roped off area. She's not very large. It was awesome to see. Do you think there's any chance it's not really the real painting? For security reasons?

This next painting is huge.

Occasionally, you have to look up!

The Venus de Milo

The Egyptian Sphinx

Paris and accordion music. They just go together.

See what I mean?

That's all for today. Tomorrow is the Eiffel Tower- my whole reason for wanting to go to Paris in the first place!
No comments:
Post a Comment