Pin It!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Baking Day


As you can see from this messy kitchen, I'm way busy today! I'm doing my baking for tomorrow's cookie exchange, and I also need to mail off three boxes (or more, depending on how I can pack the boxes) to my kids and their kids who are out of state. Not to mention wrap a ton of packages for the party tomorrow. But I wanted to show you yesterday's cookie.
This is made the way the recipe said. 3 1/2 ounces of dough and a sprinkle of sea salt (actually, kosher salt...didn't have sea salt). Because I didn't use the chocolate discs as the recipe asked for, and I did use the peanut butter cups (those cute mini ones!), the salt from the peanut butter cups made adding the extra salt too much.
On the next batch, I made the cookies smaller, and decreased the baking time to about 11 minutes. The big ones are too big for me. I didn't add the extra salt, and I thought they were way better. In fact, they were great.
The outside edge is a little crispy and then it leads into a soft, chewy middle. Excellent.
Just to compare, the big guy and the little guy. I'd go with the little guy from now on, but you do as you wish. That big guy is about 5 inches across. That's a lot of cookie! For Karen, the big ones are a 6 but the little ones are a 9!

No comments: