Pin It!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Choices To Make

I've been doing this blog for just over a year now. Have you ever wondered what in the world a person can talk about for a year? More than writing for the few of you who read this on a semi-regular basis, it's mostly just a way for me to journal the ins and outs of normal everyday life. Oh, and a way for me to remember a good recipe or two.
Speaking of recipes, on Saturday we're having a cookie exchange at my sister's house. I've narrowed my choices to about 30 different cookies I'd like to bring. Okay, so I'd go nuts (and I don't like nuts) if I tried to make 30 between now and Saturday, so I have to do some more narrowing. The problem is, I sit at work all day (after I'm done with my bit of work that I actually do there) and peruse other people's blogs, especially the food blogs. Especially the food blogs that post a lot of cookie recipes. When I find a recipe I want to keep, I post it with a star (in Reader), and label it. That way I can have half a chance of finding it again. However, there's a particular cookie that I was positive I'd marked and I cannot for the life of me find it.
I went shopping in preparation for the big baking day which is Friday. Because I haven't chosen my recipes yet, it made shopping a little more difficult. So, when in doubt buy it all, right?
I know of a couple recipes that incorporate ready-made cookies into a homemade cookie. Sounds interesting.

Another uses thin mints and wraps the dough around it encasing the mint inside.
These orange-flavored mints are very tasty, and a bit on the small side, so it should fit inside a cookie quite nicely.
Here's the whole caboodle. From candy canes (I might need to crush some for the cookie tops) and brickle bits (there's a world of possibilities with those) to chips galore (cinnamon, chunks, minis, chocolate and peanut butter swirled) and even Reese's cups with nuts. I'm also thinking about dipping pretzels in caramel and chocolate while I'm at it. But there in the front...
Yep, right there...these guys got me excited! How cute! I've seen the mini baking M&M's, but not Reese's.
And even more exciting was the premier baking pieces! So tiny! I cut one in half, can you see it? Who needs a recipe when you have this stuff to work with? Just mix up your favorite chocolate chip cookie batter and substitute these babies for the chocolate chips! With all this to choose from, I'd better get busy baking.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW! That's a lot of stuff! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

April said...

ok - I didn't know there were mini reeses - I think I would just eat the whole bag. Oh and the cookie dough would be amazing.

Ren said...

I'm still really hoping someone brings peanut brittle.

LynnEl Springer said...

With all that to chose from, you should be 300 lbs!!! You must not eat all that you bake, eh?