Pin It!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

These Never Made It

On the back of the Hershey's Cinnamon Chips bag, I found this recipe. I baked them up and the smell was just like a cinnamon roll.

If you eat these warm, you will love them. If you wait for them to cool off, you won't be as impressed. Brandon was a little scared to try them, but felt obligated anyway, since Karen and I left one (and a third) for him. After the first bite, he was convinced. These are so good.
Two of my neighbors received these for their treats (rather than the cookie exchange plate). The rest of these babies were instantly consumed by Karen, Brandon and me. Bud wasn't home, so he didn't get any. I'm making them again on Christmas morning.
If you can find Cinnamon Chips in your neck of the woods (I understand they're not available everywhere), it's worth stocking up on them just to make these. All you have to do is open up the crescent roll dough (two cans worth). Separate the dough into triangles and brush the dough with melted butter. I tried brushing on the butter and adding the chips before separating the dough, but there wasn't enough space to roll them up without getting in the way of the next triangle, so it's better to separate them first and move them away from each other a little bit before continuing.
Press one cup of chips into the dough and roll up. Bake for about 8 minutes. Melt 2/3 cup of chips with 1 tsp shortening in a Ziploc baggie. Knead the baggie to insure all the chips are melted. Snip off the tiniest corner of the baggie and drizzle the baked rolls with the "icing." Eat these while they're still warm. Then eat some more until they're all gone. Then hit the StairMaster for 30 minutes.
Another thing to do with the Cinnamon Chips is to add them to your favorite Snickerdoodle recipe. I haven't tried that yet, but I will next time I make some.

2 comments:

Ren said...

One cup per triangle?

And for the record, I only ate one and a third. You make it sound like we consumed mass quantities.

Patti said...

Yes, let me clarify. We made 16 rolls. 12 of them were given to neighbors. That left 4, so the three of us each ate 1 1/3.
You use one cup of chips to be divided by the 16 rolls...you do the math. Basically, you just fill up the roll with a bunch of chips and roll it up. It doesn't have to be an exact measurement. I removed 2/3 cup of chips and used the remaining chips to distribute as evenly as possible among the rolls.