While Bud was working for hours on getting a cobweb out from this sealed glass...

I worked on pulling box after box down from the attic.

Old receipts, paid insurance claims, etc.

Now I have to bring up from the basement ancient records (some might even be on papyrus, they're so old) to add to the pile. The guy with the shredding machine is on his way. Patient confidentiality, social security numbers and all that. This was the good times I had on my day off last week. I'm sure glad I don't have days off more often if this is how I get to spend them!
5 comments:
I bet it feels good!
That is definitely a lot of work, I LOVE cleaning out and organizing--is it to a point you are feeling accomplished?
No, not even close. See all the paper in those huge stacks? Everything has to be gone through piece by piece to see what needs to be shredded and what can just get tossed in the trash! Hours still to go!
I love when the shredder comes to my work. It is a great feeling cleaning out all our closed cases. I know it seems (and looks) like a lot of work. But you will have a good feeling when you are done. And now maybe you can start two piles, one that is confidential and goes to the shredder and one that is in the trash can.
Since shredding is priced out by the pound, you can bet we'll be throwing out as much as possible rather than sending it to the shredder-man. And, since I'll be in Tennessee Wednesday through Friday, I won't be the one having to go through that much of it! :)
Post a Comment