Pin It!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Computer Suggestions


We need a new computer at home. When the technician came over on Tuesday and looked at it so he could install internet capabilities into it, he said, "uh, why exactly am I bothering to do this on this machine? This is a pile of hud and you should get rid of it." Or, words nearly to that effect. So now we're in the market for a new computer. I've been told to buy a Mac, but that is pretty freaky for me because, well, I'm an old dog and that would be a new trick. Those things don't go together too well. Any suggestions on where to buy something or even what to buy? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

If I can do it, you can do it. Step out of your comfort zone and get the Mac. You'll be glad you did!

Stephanie said...

Macs are very user friendly, and you'll love the photo-ing capabilities that come with it.

If you don't want a Mac, just marry a guy who knows everything about computers and who builds them for fun! That's what I did.

Laura Read said...

You are smart enough to use a Mac. They really aren't hard at all. And they're good for fooling around with pictures, movies, and music.
But the truth is you can do all those things on a pc too. So just go to the computer store and see what's on sale. Then call Dad or Danny.

LynnEl Springer said...

I know that Noah/April and Cody/Stacey LOVE their MACs - and I considered one too - but I use mine mostly personally for quilting stuff - so I'll stick with the PC for now. We always buy ours at Best Buy - but I'm not sure that's the way to go either, altho they have worked hard on ours and fixed it up wonderfully when it broke down once.

Jenny said...

I know almost nothing about computers but I have to say, we have a Dell and a Mac. I like the Mac for some things and I like the Dell for others. I am not sure I could pick just one. My kids are great on the mac. That is what they use at school. I think it is most likely the way of the future.

I had to have my Microsoft Money so I use the Dell for that and I can stick my camera card right in the computer but I can do that with my printer as well and upload to the Mac. Russell loves to make movies on the Mac and I love doing my emails and blogging on it.

I am sure this has been EXTREMELY helpful! Good luck.

wylie said...

I have gotten a Mac for the past time in the last 4 months and I'm enjoying it. May I suggest you talk to Casey? He is the computer and electronics guru and has really good, well thought through advice. He has helped a number of people in the neighborhood when they have gotten new computers or other new electronics. He loves to help and has a great perspective.

samandholly said...

you may be smart enough for a mac, but are you COOL enough for one? I guess my question is why do you need a desktop? just get an external hard drive for your laptop and use that for photo storage.