Pin It!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Special Birthday Post

It's this boy's birthday today. Here he is with his mom, a long time ago. How handsome is he??? TOTALLY handsome!
He's such a hard worker. I've never known anyone that works as hard as he does. He's driven to finish a task, whatever it might be, until it's done. Like taking a tree out single-handedly at our home in St. George (Santa Clara, technically).

Occasionally, however, he will play. This picture is taken at a golf course in St. George. He bought me golf clubs several years ago. The plan was that I'd learn how to play. Hasn't happened yet.

At Laura's graduation from BYU, he was showing her and a couple of her roommates how many sit-ups he could do.

He no longer owns this cabin (which is where he and I lived for the first five years of our marriage). I think he misses it sometimes. He'd owned it since 1972 and it had been in his family since the beginning of time, before he bought it from them.
He has always loved hiking around the woods there, and watching the stream/river run along its course. He's been trampling around this area since he was a very small boy.
Sometimes I feel bad that we sold it because of how beautiful the surroundings were there.

We've traveled to a lot of places together, both near and far. This is in Florida at Universal Studios.
and Italy (I love it that he can be silly sometimes)
and Paris (he planned a surprise trip for me so I could see the Eiffle Tower).

He has loved water skiing forever. This was at Lake Powell, probably the same trip where he dove into the water to "rescue" me after I took a hard fall while trying to learn how to ski on one ski. He lost his glasses on that rescue. I think I would have been okay (wearing a life vest, I'd have floated to the top eventually) but he wasn't taking any chances.

I get to keep him forever. This picture proves it.
Happy Birthday Bud. I love you. You make all my dreams come true (just the good ones, not the scary ones cuz sometimes I have those, and then you gently wake me up to rescue me from whatever my imagination is creating). I'm glad you're mine for EVER!
This is a milestone birthday for the boy, but he's younger in heart than most people I know!

3 comments:

Nora's world said...

Tell him Happy Bday for us. We intended to call, but the day was a little... crazy for us.

wylie said...

We (Casey was reading over my shoulder) really enjoyed reading all these things about Bud. What a great man!

Bekah said...

Aunt Patti, that is such a sweet post, it brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad that you were able to find someone to make you happy. You deserve it.
I hope you have many many more memories together. And how sweet is it that he jumps in to save you?
So Sweet. Happy Birthday Uncle Bud.