Pin It!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Sweet Treat

How was your weekend? Here's the rundown of my Saturday (because I know you're just all that interested and more).
Treadmill. Office stop to put out non-literal fires. Cannery, dry-packed 36 cans of milk. Gygis- only had 10 minutes (and I could spend hours in there). Second office stop, more non-literal fires extinguished. Extended-family reunion, by myself. No moral support from husband (pulling wisdom teeth) or sister (flimsy excuse). Sweet treat from guilt-ridden sister for abandoning me. Concert in the park from a wanna-be Neil Diamond (went home prior to fireworks). All-in-all, a great day.
And here's half of the sweet treat (the other half was a sugar cookie that did not survive long enough to make it to the photo op- yum.)
A beautifully wrapped cupcake.

The knot of the ribbon was impossible to untie. If I hadn't been home where there were scissors available I would have had to rip the cellophane package open with my teeth!

Finally, opened and ready!

Inside was cherry chip (used to be Danny's favorite. I wonder if it still is).

The best part about the cookie and the cupcake was the frosting. I need to get a part-time job at Dear Lizzies to learn their secrets.
Thank you, Sister, for the treats! Next time though, you have to come to the reunion because I'm not doing another one unaccompanied.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I would say your sister did get off easy with the cupcake:).

LynnEl Springer said...

I would say you need to tell us more about the reunion! It's not all about the cupcake ya know!! :) Mom worked hard on that reunion - I'm glad you supported her by going. I'm sure she was so happy you were there. If I were there, I would have gone with you!