4 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (I only cooked two)
2 tsp vegetable oil (I didn't count this as an ingredient)
1/4 cup strawberry preserves
1 T mustard
1/4 cup cider vinegar
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops, cook and turn until brown on both sides. Reduce heat to low.
In small bowl, stir together strawberry preserves, mustard and vinegar. Pour sauce over pork chops. Cover pan. Cook pork chops for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. To serve, spoon glaze over each chop. Serves 4.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops, cook and turn until brown on both sides. Reduce heat to low.
In small bowl, stir together strawberry preserves, mustard and vinegar. Pour sauce over pork chops. Cover pan. Cook pork chops for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. To serve, spoon glaze over each chop. Serves 4.
I did add a pinch of salt to the chops as they were browning, before adding the sauce. Because I used homemade jam (and traditionally, store bought jam is quite thick) I added a thickener near the end of the cooking time (Ultra Gel). I'm sure if you needed to thicken it and you didn't have Ultra Gel, cornstarch/water would work. Then I had some extra strawberries hanging around so I sliced them up and tossed them in for the last couple minutes of cooking time.
Yes, strawberries and pork chops DO go together!
Yes, strawberries and pork chops DO go together!
Here's a little something funny...in gathering the photos for this post I went to Bing Images since I didn't take a picture last night. In searching for pork chops, this guy's picture came up.
I'm sure there is a story here that we'd all love to know about... :)
3 comments:
On second thought, maybe it is better if we don't know that guy's story!
That recipe sounds interestingly good. Glad you tried it and passed it on to us.
Really curious about Mr. Pork Chop's story.
I'm trying this tonight! Have a safe trip. Tell Danny (and Erin!(right?))congratulations from CA! And tell everyone hi. Can't wait to see some pictures. How exciting!
Post a Comment