Pin It!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Work Perks

On Monday, two very nice ladies came into the office. They were holding a box. Box=yummy, nearly every time. They thanked me for the referral of a patient and handed me the box. They then said they'd like to bring lunch in for us as well, and would Monday of next week be a good time. I said no, that I'd be away and how about the following week. Great. Bye.
Let me tell you what was in the box. Heaven, er, a cake . A chocolate chocolate-chip cake with cream cheese frosting.

I am not kidding you when I say Box=I*have*never*in*my*life*tasted*anything*that*good.

Nothing Bundt Cakes was the maker/baker of the cake. On their website, they give instructions on how to take care of your cake. Here's what they say:
"If you can resist consuming your Nothing Bundt Cake immediately, we recommend you": blah, blah, blah (the actual instructions aren't important).
Then it says:
"If any cake remains (is that possible?)": blah, blah. Hello? No, it is NOT possible that any cake will remain. The instructions are completely unnecessary!
Yes, they know how good their cake is, which is why they can charge almost $20 for an 8-inch cake! And I am willing to pay it! I ate my piece, then I ate Bud's piece. Oops. It couldn't be helped. I am seriously considering going to work for this place for as long as it takes me to memorize their recipe.
The funny part about this whole thing is- I don't know what patient they think I referred to them, but I didn't even know the doctor's name (thus, how could I refer someone to him?). All I know is that I was in cake heaven. I wonder what they're bringing for lunch...

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

That looks very much like a Red Velvet cake. They must have a southerner on staff if they can make a cake as amazing as that - southern women put something special into each bundt (oh yea, and lots and lots of butter).

You're making me want to eat cake.

Patti said...

It wasn't red velvet, although the picture does make it look more red than it actually was. Chocolate all the way- and to die for tasty.

Jenny said...

I have been curious about that place but thought it might me a little pricey. Do they sell by the slice? You have me intrigued.

Patti said...

Yes, you can buy a single serving called a bundlet, which is like a cupcake, for $3.99 or a dozen of them (because you'll need more than one) for $45. Ouch. Plus, if you can't get to a store near you, they'll deliver or ship, depending on where you are.

wylie said...

I think you should find out for sure which doctor's office the cake and lunch are coming from so you can refer MORE =)

Patti said...

The ladies told me the doctor's name when they came in, which was the first I'd heard of him. But they were unable to tell me the patient's name, so I don't really know if they deliverd to the right place or not.
You're right though, I'll definitely START referring to him now!

Ren said...

Feel free to have one shipped to me anytime!

Seriously.