Here's your standard coconut/palm tree. Every travelogue about Hawaii has to show at least
Long ago, this place was a place of refuge. If you'd broken a law (and there were a ton of laws then, like you couldn't walk in front of the king's path), if you could get yourself to this place before they could "catch" you, it was olly-olly-ox-in-free, or, you didn't have to be punished.
Same place here...but I don't know why it was filled with these idol-type guys. Okay, the one in the middle is my idol, but I can understand if you don't share my same level of adoration. Well, no I can't, actually!
While I was waiting to take this guy's picture (he'd been hiding in the waves for a long time)...
I totally failed to see this one just laying on the sand, suntanning to its heart's content. A Swedish lady (or some country in that vicinity- she spoke no English) pointed it out to me. If it had been a snake instead, I'd be dead right now. Unless the snake was sleeping as soundly as this turtle.
We left that place of refuge and sought our own brand of refuge, here. It had been my intention to do a session while we were here, but it didn't work out.
Our traveling companions were a bit under the weather and we didn't want to abandon them, so we just took some pictures and ate our lunch. Sorry that picture is a bit tilted. I should have corrected it before posting. Just being lazy.
This guy was pretty cool-looking. He was on the rock wall next to the temple. He was looking right at me. He was so colorful!
No comments:
Post a Comment