Pin It!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hilo Again, Hilo

Going for Neil Diamond that time. Could you tell? NO? Sheesh. I give up.
This first picture is of a waterfall called...oh, go ahead and guess. Give it a try.

Did you get it? Rainbow Falls! Yes! See the rainbow? If you go in the morning, you'll see the rainbow. If you go in the afternoon, not so much. You have to have the sun at your back for the effect to take place.

The very top of Rainbow Falls.

This one is called the Boiling Pots because the water churns here so much. You know, like water boiling in a pot? Yep. That's just how clever they are over here.

This is still the Boiling Pots.

This is about a mile above the Boiling Pots. It was my hope to be able to turn the waterfall into a soft-looking romantic fall, but I couldn't slow the water down enough without overexposing the shot, so I guess I'll have to go back AGAIN after I'm finished with my photography class. Oh darn. So this is the wet side of Hilo. Tomorrow will be the fire side. Perhaps we should have a chat. A fireside chat. Sorry, really...I am.

No comments: