After the waterfalls, we headed over to the volcano (the cruise ship was still docked in Hilo).
This is the steam escaping from the volcano.
It was very windy there.



This is a lava tube. They have it lit so you don't freak out too much walking through it. I tried to take a picture using the ambient lighting, but it didn't work very well, so I switched to flash.
The first time I walked through this tube (a few years ago) I started to freak out at the last curve before the end of the tube, because I didn't know the end was coming up, and I have claustrophobic issues. I'm happy to report I survived then, and again this time around as well.
Pretty large tube, don't you think? This is near the end of the lighted tube. They have another one you can walk through, but it isn't lit. I tried to take a picture of it but it wouldn't register on my camera's sensor. It was totally pitch black, can't-see-my-hand-in-front-of-my-face dark. Needless to say, I didn't go in.
From the ship, we cruised past the lava flow. Again, very difficult to get a good picture because of the low light. These were the best I could come up with .
1 comment:
You guys are seriously cute! What fun adventures.
Post a Comment