and...
and...
In this picture, if you look closely, you can see a turtle (or maybe it's a frisbee. Or a rock).
Oh, there's the turtle!
He's not dead, I promise. This is a monk seal. "They" say there are only between 15-30 monk seals on this island. Well, I saw three in one day, so I don't know how they calculate those numbers.
Seal you later, alligator. Two on one beach! "They" say the monk seals have to spend a lot of time sleeping on the beach during the day so they can avoid becoming shark bait at night.
Waterfalls are all over the place. Okay, I'm cheating. These are manmade, at a hotel.
Check out this tree! Katye told me that when her mom was surprised or upset or whatever, she'd say "Oh my garden!" If she was really upset, she'd say "Oh my garden of roses!" I love that! I'm going to start using it. It's better than Holy Cow. This is one gorgeous tree! How do I get one for my yard?
This was our last day in Kauai.
No comments:
Post a Comment