Pin It!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kauai, Day One, Part Two

Bud and I were on our own in Kauai because Biff and Katye stayed on the ship. He had a nagging back pain (I can sympathize!) most of the week, and thought maybe not having to climb in and out of the backseat of a rental car might help him get better.
After seeing Waimea Canyon, we headed to Wailua Falls.

We stopped to feed this guy 2 apples. He looked so thin! See those ribs? He loved the apples.

Then we went over to 'Opaeka'a Falls. Say that three times fast. Or even once, slowly.
And this is what you see when you go across the road from "that" waterfall.
And this was the view from the ship.
I'll try to get done with the rest of the trip by the middle of next week. I know, it's taking me longer to tell/show you about it than it did for me to take the trip. Sigh. Just think how long it will take me to tell/show you about the New England/Canada trip we'll take in October. It's 3 days longer than this trip (but there's more sea days, so I guess that will balance it out. Whew)!
In the meantime, Happy Easter tomorrow. Eat some chocolate, then go to church. Come home and count your blessings. I don't know about you, but that will take me quite awhile!

No comments: