Pin It!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Ship

Before we leave the Hawaiian trip for good, I thought I'd show you around the ship.

The name of it is Pride of America (NCL's ship), thus it has a patriotic theme going on.

We never ate here, but it was like an old-fashioned diner, serving burgers and such.
We ate here most of the time. They served the same food here as they did upstairs, but upstairs (yes, those you see right there) had a dress code. We were refused service due to our jeans. Can you see it's supposed to represent the Empire State Building?
On the port side there was a chess game, on the starboard side was checkers.

We ate here twice because we got back to the ship too late to eat anywhere else for lunch.
This is George. I'd be impressed if he was made out of chocolate. He's not. In fact, they didn't even have the midnight buffet where everyone comes to take pictures of all the outrageous food that doesn't get eaten. This is the place where we were kicked out.
Entrance to the main showroom where entertainment can be seen. I think I went there twice.
Usually I go there every night on a cruise. This time, I heard the comedian, and another night I started to watch a polynesian show, but Bud said I'd sleep better in the cabin than in the chair, so we left.

This is the guy that kept me out of the showroom. His name is Taylor Kundolf. We LOVED him!

He made the whole week so fabulous. I cannot praise his talents enough. By Thursday night, I wrote down an entire list of songs I wanted him to play/sing, and he did all but two (the two Bud wanted to hear. He said he didn't know them). I wish I could have recorded everything he did. He has 3 CD's available, but I haven't checked into them yet. He didn't have any with him, or I'd have plunked my money right down. I can only cross my fingers and hope he'll be on my next NCL cruise in October!


Here we are. Katye, Biff, Patti and Bud. We had a great time. Even if it doesn't look like it. I promise.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

It shows that you had a good time. I love the pictures. I've never been on a cruise so thanks for sharing.