Bud says that a banana tree only produces one stalk of bananas in its lifetime. Then a new banana tree grows next to it to take its place to have its one shot at producing a stock. Next time you have bananas on your counter, think of the life effort of the banana tree and don't let them go rotten!
Pin It!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Here Today, Gone To Maui
It was a nice vacation and we had a lot of fun with our friends, Katye and Biff. It was their first cruise and I hope it won't be their last because then I'd feel like I failed getting them hooked on the cruising habit.
Our first port was Maui (after taking off from Oahu). This is right by Mama's Fish House, a popular restaurant on the Pacific Rim.


Bud took the picture of this waterfall. It's the first really good waterfall on the road to Hana. The reason why he took it instead of me was to get to the viewing spot you had to step over a dead/rotting cow carcass. I won't go into the details, and I didn't take a picture of the thing. Suffice it to say, I wasn't going near it. Ever the gentleman, Bud got the shot. Maybe I should have turned the camera over to him for the whole trip!
Come Mr. Tallyman, tally me bananas...
Bud says that a banana tree only produces one stalk of bananas in its lifetime. Then a new banana tree grows next to it to take its place to have its one shot at producing a stock. Next time you have bananas on your counter, think of the life effort of the banana tree and don't let them go rotten!
There are such interesting things to see in Hawaii. I love the flowers and colors of everything there. This hanging flower was at the arboretum on the way to Hana. Shortly after I took this picture, my camera battery died and I didn't get any more pictures that day. We had to use Katye's purse camera instead. I was one unhappy girl for being so negligent! I don't have those pictures yet, so I cannot post anything more of our Hana trip.
In the center of this flower is a puddle of water.
No, this wasn't our cruise ship. Don't you wish you knew the story behind it? I'd tell it to you, but I don't know it. This is the town of Lahaina.
And the famous banyan tree in the center of town.
The yellow on this tree in Kihei was so incredibly bright but the picture doesn't quite capture how vivid it actually was.
Bud and Biff are swimming friends. Natch, they had to find a pool for a few laps while in Maui. Bud used to own a condo just down the street from this pool, so he knew right where to go. They first swam (not played- swam) in the ocean, and then came here to do some more swimming. I think the ocean swim was Biff's favorite part of the whole week.
Bud says that a banana tree only produces one stalk of bananas in its lifetime. Then a new banana tree grows next to it to take its place to have its one shot at producing a stock. Next time you have bananas on your counter, think of the life effort of the banana tree and don't let them go rotten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures. Looks like so much fun. Hawaii has such interesting flowers and trees. That's what I like to take pictures of too.
When I went to Santa Barbara, on the East Beach there was a little boat just like the one in this post, and it was beached. There was no sign to say why, but darn if I didn't think about possible scenarios all day. And when I got up to it to take a picture of it, I got the creeps and had to run back to the car. In the middle of the day even! What a scaredy cat!
Post a Comment