Pin It!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two For The Show

Friday night (you remember, the Red Robin day?) we topped off our fabulous day by going to Sizzler with my mom, step dad, brother, Karen, Caleb and Bud. Guess what happened? Bud and I were disappointed with the meal! In fact, I don't know that I'll be going back anytime soon because our favorite waitress is moving to Las Vegas,

AND there weren't any raisins at the salad bar!
After eating the meal that I did not enjoy due to a lack of raisins, we went to see my niece, Amy, in her stake play. The following picture was stolen from Amy's profile (the original picture I had set for this post didn't work, and I didn't have another on my computer of Amy. I was hoping my brother would send me a photo, but he hasn't. He was the only one with a camera in our group that night).
The play was so fun. Amy was the damsel in distress in a melodrama about pirates. When she did her lip-sync'ing number, I was dancing wiggling around in my chair, lamenting that I hadn't brought a movie camera with me (or any camera for that matter). Caleb was fascinated with the whole play. During the 10 minute intermission (you know you're at a high-end function if they have an intermission, right?) he kept saying "More? More again?" He was mesmerized. Near the end of the play, he went down the row to get to the aisle. We were nervous about what he was doing. My nephew's wife (Katie, you're just so dang cute!) was ready to grab Caleb's collar depending on his next move. It turned out he just wanted an unobstructed view. He sat right down in the aisle until two of the swashbuckling pirates came running down the aisle, scaring Caleb back into the row where Seth held him until the end of the play. Caleb would clap at the appropriate times, boo, cheer and fake-laugh right along with the other people (the other people weren't fake laughing though, we were truly laughing). And I was laughing at Caleb's fake laughing. It was awesome.Yay for Amy! Yay for Caleb! Those two made a great show for us that night!
P.S. Are you wearing green today?

1 comment:

LynnEl Springer said...

Yay for Amy girl - Yay for Caleb, Seth, Katie! I am so glad that the melodrama was so outstanding! I can't wait to see some pictures. Can't wait! And hopefully will get to see video of it soon too! I'm so glad you all went to see it! And about the raisens - leave them in California for all I care!!! Don't miss 'em at all!