Pin It!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bookworm

Last year I joined our neighborhood bookclub one month after moving into our house. I failed to return to bookclub for the rest of that year. Not that I didn't want to return, in fact, I even read some of the books on the list. This year I thought I would show up again, so I read the book which was Al Capone Does My Shirts, by Gennifer Choldenko.

It's a kids' book, so it went really fast. But, it put my nose back into a book again and once I finished that one I went on to the next one on the bookclub list which was Princess Bride, by William Goldman. I know you all know the movie, and in fact it's probably on your most quotable movie list (it is on mine...Have fun storming the castle...Gently!...It'd take a miracle...I do not think it means what you think it means, As you wish...etc). Loved the book as much as the movie. Did you know they've made it into a game?
Since reading that, here's the list of the rest that I've read- granted nothing is a very serious read...
  1. Once Upon a Marigold (Jean Ferris- loved it)
  2. The Goose Girl (Shannon Hale- liked it)
  3. The Smile (Donna Jo Napoli- up until the end it was good)
  4. The Tale of Despereaux (Kate Di Camillo- kids book, only so-so)
  5. The Squad- Perfect Cover (Jennifer Lynn Barnes- just dumb fun)
  6. The Squad- Killer Spirit (same author, same response)

All of these in the last three weeks! Okay, so they're not rocket-science reading, but still...so now I'm out of books and need some new ones. Gotta make the most out of my property tax money I "give" to the library.

1 comment:

wylie said...

Glad to know you didn't run away from the neighborhood book club, I truly was wondering after you came once and then never again last year =) Keep coming!

I enjoyed the list of "nothing-very-serious" reads. They are just my speed right now. I'll have to try the ones I haven't read yet.