Pin It!

Monday, March 16, 2009

One For The Money

Last Saturday, Bud worked- I didn't. He got home about 6:30 or maybe a little after that. Later that night we got a call from David saying he'd been called by one of our patients (because David gives out his cell phone for emergencies and we don't). The short part of the story is that we (yes, I came with him) went back to the office at 9:50 PM to deal with a patient with a toothache. After a quick exam, Bud told her she had a sinus infection, not a toothache. Ten minutes and $67 later, she left to buy something for her sinuses.
I was hating life having to come back to the office at such a late hour but Bud did it without a complaint. I charged her for everything I could think of (after hours appt, limited oral exam, OSHA fee) but if Bud had come by himself he wouldn't have charged her anything. I know there has to be a middle ground in there somewhere, and I usually wish I could be more charitable like him, so what stops me from doing it? Perhaps some day I'll learn.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Money, a sense of fairness, money, not wanting to be taken advantage of, money, expectations, money, right vs. wrong, money....