Pin It!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Phantom

Last night we saw "Phantom" at Hale Centre Theatre.
If we were thinking it was going to be the regular Phantom of the Opera, we'd have been wrong. This story is about a misunderstood Phantom (who is named Erik) and what his life may have been like that led him to become the Phantom of the Opera. We meet his parents and see a different side that you don't see in the "normal" story.
On the way home, Karen asked me if I liked it. I wasn't sure, but I've decided that I did like it. The music wasn't Andrew Lloyd-Webber's so none of this music was familiar to me. It didn't pass the cry-laugh criteria, so that's why I had to think about it for a bit before deciding I liked it.
Since Brandon had to study for tests, we took Karen, and since Kim is a bachelor this week, we took him too. Originally, we were going to take other friends (it's a short list) but they ditched us and went to Florida instead. The things some people do to get out of having to hang out with us!

1 comment:

Laura Read said...

Ha. Karen went on a date with Kim.