We were in St. George (Santa Clara) for the weekend, in case you missed me. It seemed like such a fast trip and I took three projects with me, foolishly thinking I would have time to get them all done. I was going to cut out Sara's quilt, cut out my new grandson's quilt (name still being decided, but I've heard a couple possibilities) and finish cutting out a Santa quilt that I started cutting last November. Yeah, go ahead, guess how much got done. I cut three strips for the Santa quilt and that was it! We spent the rest of the time either cleaning, shopping (we bought a mattress for the other basement bedroom so now all the bedrooms have beds... that's what makes them bed rooms) or while Bud was being a plumber on the kitchen sink, I spent hours on the computer deciding which pictures to frame for the bathroom walls.
We tied the mattress (still in its protective heavy-duty plastic wrapper)to the top of the Grand Cherokee and drove home Sunday morning, crazy early, so we'd be able to go to a missionary farewell. It was for the Gessel's (our canyon-neighbor) youngest son, the same boy we had in our Sunday School class when he was 15. It was our first calling in the ward. The boys chewed us up and spit us out, but somehow we survived - barely. This was our first time back to that ward since moving in December and it was SO nice to be back there again, where we knew everyone and people were happy to see us, etc. After Sacrament meeting, we were invited to the Gessel's house for lunch (along with 50 other people...we're not THAT special to warrant an exclusive invitation). I'm going to duplicate this lunch for Caleb's birthday party. It was just right. Among the rightness of the meal was a salad that was incredible. Don't laugh when I tell you this. Okay, laugh if you want, but it was dang good.
Three ingredients.
1- Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces.
2- Snickers bars, chopped in similar sized pieces as the apples.
3- Enough Cool Whip to hold it all together.
I know. You're thinking, that's not a salad! Okay, call it whatever you want, but it's on my new favorite things list.
PS- for those of you with Google Reader (or equivalent), sorry for the multiple posts of the same thing. I noticed a couple glitches after the post was published.
4 comments:
I've had that "salad." Let's just say I didn't have the same reaction you did.
Mom, you do know that they sell furniture and mattresses, etc. in Salt Lake, right?
There's a Jerry Seinfeld bit about people who drive with mattresses strapped to the top of the car. The people usually have one arm out the window, holding onto the mattress. Seinfeld just pictures the people, inside the car, holding on with a finger or two, reassuring the fellow passengers, "Don't worry! I got it. I got it!" It's funnier when he says it... So the question is: was it Mom or Bud holding on, saying I got it?
It was Bud.
Post a Comment