
After dinner, we went down to the theater room and played Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader on DVD. Bud and I sailed through all our questions and before we knew it, we were having to decide if we wanted to go for the million dollar question. In the meantime, Brandon and Karen got stuck on one of their questions (which came first, Maya, Aztec or Inca. Glad it was their question, not mine) and they decided to use their peek. They went with the kid's answer and got it right, Maya. They were also now at the million dollar question. Bud and I had to go first. The category was Social Studies. I felt pretty confident with that. I told Bud we should go for it. After all, it wasn't REAL money, although Jeff Foxworthy makes you promise to say "I am not smarter than a 5th grader" if you miss or flunk out. Our question was:
What does a Neanderthal man do after a good meal?
1- uses bones to make percussion music
2- smokes corn silk
3- draws on cave walls
The question and answers are paraphrased and not the actual words used in the game. Karen and Brandon's question was:
What does the Neanderthal man use to make fire?
1- Basalt
2- Limestone
3- Flint
Goodness! How easy is THAT one? Ugh. Yeah, so they answered flint and won the million. We answered draws on cave walls and got it wrong. It should have been the answer about the music. That million we could have won? Easy come, easy go. I am not smarter than a fifth grader.
2 comments:
That was an easy one. Too bad it wasn't actually our question.
Our question was something about what kind of stone did he use for a spearhead, or something like that. Which is just the slightest bit tougher of a question.
I told Andrew both million dollar questions, and he got them both right! He said it wasn't until later that another group began drawing on cave walls!! And I am going to go to Kohl's and see if I can find a cute bunny like you did! Plus, I think I might have to get out my sugar molds and make some of those panoramic eggs for my friends this year! I haven't done that for a few years now (maybe 10) and it may be a novel idea again! I love making them - and they're so easy but look so hard!
Post a Comment