
This is a picture of me going down a fairly steep slope. The powder was all around me and I was really sailing down the mountain. The sky was a beautiful blue and the serenity was sweet.
Okay, I can't possibly continue with that version of the story. No, that's not me. No, I can't ski like that. No, the sky wasn't blue, it was cloudy and a little snowy. We didn't even TAKE any pictures yesterday. Larry tried at one point, but his camera was so cold it wouldn't work. THAT'S the kind of day we had yesterday. But, I didn't fall (okay, so I kind of slipped a little when I was approaching a lift, but it wasn't a fall, exactly. Bud fell once and hurt his already hurt shoulder, but no medic was needed. Besides, if we'd needed one, we had our own medic skiing with us (that always comforts me).
After a few hours of skiing, we went back to the Cohen's and watched a longer version of Mark Gungor's idea of Men's Brain and Women's Brains.
Dinner was back at Deer Valley at the Seafood Buffet.
All I can say about that is "wow." Although I didn't eat much seafood (I think the place is really misnamed because there's a lot more to eat than just seafood), what I did eat, was soooo tasty. So not only did we get one-on-one private skiing lesssons all day (Larry was my coach, Lenore was Bud's), we got entertainment that made us laugh, and we got a fabulous dinner that Larry wouldn't let us pay for. Mark that down as a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment