Last night I had a R.S. function. I didn't really want to go, but decided I should anyway. On my way out the driveway, I glanced over at the yard. What? To my great surprise, I saw this!
I got so excited! I called Bud and told him. Strangely, he didn't seem as excited as I was. I couldn't understand that really, but it didn't diminish my excitement. Last October, before we got to move into our house, I saw all the packages of bulbs for sale. I could just picture lots of tulips (and whatever the other two bulbs we planted were) springing up (no wonder they call it Spring) in my new yard. I purchased several bags of bulbs and then after letting them "ripen" in my car for a couple weeks, we finally made arrangements with the previous owners (who hadn't yet moved out) to let us come over and plant the bulbs. Their four year old daughter was overly zealous in her willingness to help us. I taught her how to put the bulbs in the right way (something I had only just learned for myself), and then I could only hope that most of them got planted happy-side-up, rather than upside-down. I guess it worked, at least for some, because I see green! In a few more weeks I hope to post another picture with our yard in spectacular full-blooming color. Or as NBC used to say just before the peacock spread it's feathers, "in living color." Yea for Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment