This is called a mud volcano. It loses a lot in translation from real life to still life.
My friend's son told us we shouldn't miss the Dragon's Mouth. We didn't. This one made roaring sounds, just like a dragon. Or, just what I would expect from a dragon, having never encountered one in real life.
This is taken next to Fishing Bridge. A bridge from which you may not fish.
This is taken next to Fishing Bridge. A bridge from which you may not fish.
More Yellowstone Lake as taken from Fishing Bridge. There are lots of nice benches lining the bridge, however, fishing has been outlawed since around 1975ish.
Here we all sit, waiting for Old Faithful to do its thing. This was on our second time to see it. Nice blue skies ready to cooperate. Thank you blue skies.
This little waterfall at Kepler Cascades was about a 10 second walk from the car. Oh that they could all be such easy walks!
Happy Anniversary to you! This was August 10th, our ninth Anniversary.
Happy Anniversary to you! This was August 10th, our ninth Anniversary.
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you on this one. I got nuthin' other than it was about the last thing we saw as we left by the south entrance.
I hope you enjoyed our trip through Yellowstone. Now let's get to Jackson!
Love, love, love this sign. I'm going to print it and put it downstairs in my food storage room!
I saw the sign again in another place, but it wasn't all mangled like this one. I thought mangled was more appropriate.
This was next to where we parked to get the photos of the two barns that I've already showed you. Love the fence here. Didn't love the fence so much by the barn.
Because it was our anniversary, Bud wanted to do something a little special that night. He made a few calls and we were on our way...
but the only way to get there was by means of one of these guys. My sister would have waited at the bottom of the mountain. You could not coax, bribe or kidnap her onto one of these.
It took us to the very top of the mountain. Look, snow in August. Yeah, that stuff isn't going to melt before the new year's snow falls.
So, in the middle of August, we ordered hot chocolate. It was delicious, but since our server failed to bring us a straw or spoon, I tried to just drink it straight away. Bad idea. I spilled it all over my shirt. My white shirt.
We didn't realize that this place wasn't really a restaurant. It only had booze and appetizers (plus the hot chocolate). We should have just bailed, but we didn't. So for dinner we ate french fries (oh, yes- these were gooood!),
and hamburgers, which were really sliders. They had blue cheese something or other on them, and I couldn't really eat them. But they look tasty anyway!
While we'd been traveling, we listened to a book on cd. The boy in the story said at one point that whenever they passed a field of cows he or his dad would shout "Hey COW!" and try to guess which cow would look. I rolled down my window and shouted "Hey COW!" but none of them looked. I'm not surprised. They look like they are very busy cows. And yes, I did take this picture while driving. It's the kind of reckless person I am.

3 comments:
Pat - I love your pictures and your storytelling! The pictures are delightful and beautiful! Thanks again for the scenic route!
Thanks for the road sign picture! I have a story about street name signs. When I was in high school an out-of-state boy that I had met one summer found and "borrowed" a street name sign from his home town and mailed it to me. My mom made me mail it back. Later after I was married there was a couple that we were friends with. After a few months we realized that the wife was the sister of the boy from high school. She said the street sign was still in their barn and she would get it next time she flew to her parents home. Alas, the sign was gone next time she went home. =( I've always wanted my own authentic street sign since then!
That's for dang sure!
Post a Comment