So pretty. But I knew I could make it prettier. There was a lady sitting by some yellow flowers, and I had to wait for her to move before I could then practically lie down in the dirt to get low enough to take this shot. Worth getting dirty for, don't you think?
This was the only thing I was looking forward to while in Jackson. I just HAD to find this barn. When I got there, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was so NOT what I had in mind! Where was the pictorial perfection I'd seen in so many photos before getting here? In fact, I wasn't even positive that it was the barn I was searching for, even though I knew it had to be.
Yes, I was happy I'd found the barn. No, I was not happy with my pictures. After contemplating the problem that evening, I realized that it was the lighting that was causing my distress (well, that plus the dilapidated fence, but there was nothing I could do about the fence).
I knew I needed to get up early the next morning and take the shot again with the morning sun hitting the barn (it faces east). We did just that. Bud is such a patient, understanding man!
When we got there, the field was full of other people photographing the barn as well! This is about half of them (there were at least 15!). We were all moving from spot to spot, looking for the perfect angle.
I took no fewer than 87 pictures of this barn to get the "perfect" shot. Karen, you will be pleased to hear that I actually took my camera off the auto setting! No kidding, I'm finally figuring out how to use my camera.
Between angle, lighting, timing (I had to wait a little while for there to be enough light on the mountains) and proper distance, I was finally happy with the results. Hurray for digital!
Then there was this next barn too, just down the street. If you google historic barn, grand tetons, you will see photos of both barns.
After we got home, I looked at the barn pictures I have downstairs. It shows barn number one in the pictures, but the fence is intact, not all dilapidated. Sigh. Maybe since we're retired now, I can volunteer to go repair the fence. Except that I know nothing about repairing fences. Maybe since we're retired now, I can read up on how to repair fences.
3 comments:
I like the fence dilapidated. I like it much better that way. And way to go figuring out how to take a better picture. It was marked improvement over your first attempt. Good job.
I'm glad you got the shot you wanted. Good job. Looks great!
The dilapidated fence makes it all the more "rustic". Great picture Patti!
Post a Comment