Pin It!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sabotaged!

My so-called "friend" has brought me dessert twice in a week. My other "friend" also brought me dessert a couple of days ago. Remember that part about how I want to lose six pounds by October? Yeah, that's not going to happen if these "friends" of mine keep this up! They really are very dear friends and I love them, but I keep thinking about the six pounds!
This is what Jenny brought me the other day. It's fruit pizza on a miniature scale. How incredible is that? There's one missing from the plate. Guilty.
Yesterday, my friend, Wylie, who brought me the raspberry lemonade pie that I shared with you last week (not the pie itself, just how to make it) brought me this today.

Are you kidding me? I took one bite and told Wylie, "Shoot me now because I'm already in heaven!" We got to talking and thought..."but what if it had some really dark chocolate drizzled over it?" After a little more thinking, we said "what if it had an Oreo crust instead of a graham cracker crust?" I immediately went to the store and purchased the required items and got myself busy cranking one out for last night's FHE that Bud and I were hosting. I put it together, got it to the freezer, froze it and then set it out to serve. It's just that serving it was postponed for an hour in which time it became unfrozen and rather melty. I didn't know it was so melty until I unbanded the springform pan and WHOOSH, it went all over the counter. Okay, not ALL over the counter, because I slammed that band back on it pronto! I put it back in the freezer and will take it (it's fine, really!) to Empty Nesters on Saturday. I'm sure it will still be delicious then. So our company got raspberry lemonade pie instead. Oh well. If you want the recipe for the above deliciousness, you can find it here.


3 comments:

wylie said...

OH NO it melted! And I don't get to know if the oreo crust was the chocolate solution we were waiting for? =)

Jenny said...

Wylie's desserts are much more exotic than mine:). If you want to sabotage me feel free to bring over some carmel pretzel rods anytime...hint, hint.., I mean if you REALLY want to get me back. Can you just make sure it is on the weekend when I don't stress over calories!

Cheryl said...

You mean I have to wait clear 'til Saturday now???