Pin It!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Raspberry Lemonade In A Cup


Raspberry Lemonade in a cup-CAKE that is!
For Bud's last day of work (I keep saying that, and yet we have to come back to the office again today but it is just to do some free stuff for some of his relatives, and a crown seat for another guy, and then I'll let him clean my teeth, and then he'll be done, except for some other work he's promised a couple other people, and THEN he'll be done...um, maybe) I made some cupcakes. I got the recipe from an amazing blog called Your Cup Of Cake.
The biggest pain of this recipe was to strain the seeds out of the jam. That took for-EV-er (so use seedless jam and you won't have that problem!). I used Lizzy's recipe almost exactly, only changing up the frosting to add about a teaspoon of raspberry extract. The only reason I did that was because I didn't think I had any red food coloring and wanted the frosting a little more pink, but then I remembered that I did have coloring-galore, just in paste, not drops, which worked better than fine. These were so deee-vine! The cupcake was moist and delicious and the frosting was a very nice compliment to the lemon cupcake (Jenny, yours weren't as moist as the rest of them because they'd been sitting at home all day-uncovered-unfrosted-until I brought them over...sorry). I think the key to their moistness was covering them right after baking, like Lizzy says.
And here is Laura's version of raspberry lemonade in a cup! She made the same recipe but changed up a few things. We bought these darling 'tea-cup-cake' holders at Gygi's when Laura was visiting. I know, so cute!
Here's what Laura had to say about it:

"I made the lemon cupcakes with the cake mix recipe, but added a splash of lemon juice, because I thought it needed more zing (could be a result of using store brand pudding). I also added fresh blueberries to the batter. For the frosting I used the cream cheese/jam recipe, but again added some lemon juice and used seedless blackberry jam. Topped it off w/a fresh blueberry. Delicious!
Plus the tea cup is simply adorable.
Lar"

I will make these again and again. And again, Amen.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

The cupcakes were divine...not an adjective I use often, but that's what they were...almost heavenly. Light, moist, creamy, not to mention, beautiful. The extras went to a birthday party for Jeffrey's friend, where they made another smashing hit.