
So why not chocolate-covered raisins? Seems the perfect addition, right? Right! I added some to the tops of these just before baking them...
whereas these have the c-c raisins mixed into the dough. I thought these looked better, but the taste was same/same.
I was surprised to see that I have never posted my go-to Oatmeal Cookie recipe before. I've posted others, but not the one I use most often. Let's fix that now.
Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 T cinnamon (I used Saigon cinnamon, and only put in 1/2 T in this batch)
3 cups quick-cooking oats
The original recipe then calls for 1/2 cup raisins, but this is where I switched it up. I used about 1 cup of chocolate covered raisins, and 1/4 cup Cinnamon Burst baking chips (you know, the chips I added to the Snickerdoodles).
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Cream together the shortening, sugars, vanilla and eggs. Mix flour, salt, soda and cinnamon in a large bowl and then add it to the creamed mixture. Add the oats, then the chocolate-covered raisins and cinnamon chips (or just raisins).
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased (I used parchment paper- it just makes life easier, and I don't dirty up my new cookie sheet!) baking sheet.
Bake 10 minutes. Don't over-bake! They will still look slightly wet when you take them out. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. Store them in a covered container once they are cooled.
For those that have the family cookbook, these are on page 286.


4 comments:
Did he like them that way?
So, did they taste fantastic? good? or just all right? I think it is a creative idea!
If I would have added coconut, they'd have been fantastic, but I can't add coconut to everything or Karen gets annoyed (not that she was here to eat them). They were quite tasty.
Your blog is super weird looking wehe I look at the actual site... the background looks like it shrunk 4 inches from every side. Is mine the only computer that is happening on?
Post a Comment