Pin It!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Perks of Retirement

So we really did do it, you know. Bud hasn't done any dentistry since Tuesday. We've been bringing a lot of things home from the office since then.
I'm a recipe collector, as you most likely know. I have notebooks full of recipes I've printed off the internet, either from blogs or websites or whatever. That blue binder right there is JUST for cookies (yes, I have a lot of cookie recipes). However, sometimes it takes a long time to find the recipe I'm looking for. As OCD as I am, I haven't taken the time to alphabetize the recipes, they're just in subdivided sections.
Thus, the perks. Here we have the computer we used for our digital radiographs (x-rays). I confiscated it and decided (without consulting my husband for permission) I was going to use it for my kitchen computer, which means I can now grab the recipe I want from online and I don't have to make a printed copy. Now I'm as cool as Samuel!
Another perk is that when the computer slumbers, I get a screen saver full of fabulous kids like this one!
And this one!!
And THIS one!!!
My life just got a whole lot better!



No comments: