Pin It!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

What do you do when you have a lot of Oreos lying around? Do you dunk them in milk? I'm not a dunker. Do you separate them in half, scrape the filling off the cookie and then eat it? I'm not a scraper either. I just toss the whole thing in my mouth and chew (okay, occasionally I bite it in half first). But then what? You can only eat so many Oreos before you get Oreo'ed out (well, in theory anyway). I saw a fun idea and wanted to try it out. I baked an Oreo into a cupcake. Of course, this is not an original idea. I got it from Lizzie at Your Cup of Cake. Click over if you want the recipe.
It was nice to have a helper add the finishing touches.




I was disappointed with the cupcake liners. They didn't really stay up very well. What's up (pun) with that? And the edges of the cupcakes aren't pretty either. That is because I over-filled them though, and then they kind of stuck to the pan along the edge.
I substituted mint Oreo's in some of the cupcakes. I wouldn't recommend that. It was too overpowering. Stick with regular Oreos on this one. And when you are cutting the Oreos in half, use a serrated knife and saw through the first couple of strokes and then push down through the cookie. It should snap in a clean break for you.
P.S. Now I have this song stuck in my head...

"Oh, Oh, Oh, ice cold milk
and an Oreo Cookie
They forever go together,
What a classic combination
When a dark, delicious cookie
meets an icy cold sensation
Like the one and only creamy,
crunchy, chocolate, O-R-E-O."

Just thought I'd share. If you are too young to remember the tune, come over and I'll hum it for you.


2 comments:

wylie said...

There sure are a lot of REFINED sugar posts on this blog lately ;) making it hard for us all to be healthy and stick to our healthful lifestyles (aka diet).

Ren said...

Your camera is crap. Thought I'd let you know.