Italian Dressing (from Our Best Bites)
1/4 cup white, rice or white wine vinegar (I usually use rice)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I use crushed red pepper)
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 cloves garlic (I seldom have cloves around so I use 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1 cup canola oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh or canned)
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning (or to taste)
In a blender, combine all ingredients except the oil, cheese and Italian seasoning. While the blender is on, pour the oil in slowly. I have a nifty gadget on my blender that allows me to add the oil into a little funnel that is built into the lid which does the slow addition for me. After several seconds the oil will be emulsified nicely. Add the cheese and Italian seasoning and give it a very brief whirl. Store in the refrigerator (at least four hours before using it for the best flavor) for a couple of weeks, if you can keep from using it all by then.
To make dinner a little more special, I made the buns. Then I practiced my spider web design so I'd be ready for some cookies I'll be making in a couple of weeks. No, the cookies will not have ketchup and mustard on them.
I made these onion straws which were my personal favorite part of the meal.
And the rest of the meal speaks for itself. Do you hear it? It's calling your name!
Oh, yes!
I'll get the hamburger recipe and onion straws on here in a few days.


4 comments:
You really do have a lot more time on your hands, don't you...
YUM! I wish I would have been outside and smelled the BBQ grill and invited myself over; that looks VERY delicious.
Wylie- there were 3 patties left that I put in the freezer (uncooked). After they'd frozen enough for me to stack them in a baggie, I took them out and set them on the counter while reaching for the baggie. Bud said "Those are big cookies!" I laughed. I guess he's used to there always being cookies around here. Anyway, my point is- you could have come over!
I've been craving meaty hamburger-type things this pregnancy, and that hamburger, and the bun and the onion straws is making me salivate. I'm glad you had a yummy dinner.
Post a Comment