Tuesday was all-Karen's-favorites day. I started by making bread...plain ol' white comfort-the-soul bread. Then I made the chocolate chip cookies you saw Caleb eating on yesterday's post. For dinner, I made Karen's fave-oh-right dinner EV-er. She loves this salad. LOVES this salad.

I was certain I had posted it and after an in-depth search,
I finally found it from two years ago. It's Sara's recipe from
Our Best Bites . I don't really have to keep clarifying that Sara (who told me yesterday that she loves Karen even though she doesn't know her-it's the cilantro war I have going on with Sara) or Kate is from OBB, do I? You all just
know that by now, right? And if you haven't tried it, you are seriously missing one of the best combinations of flavor your mouth has ever experienced. It's in their cookbook, and it's online, so there's no excuse for you not to be enjoying this soon. And, being the nice mother that I am, I even bought some cilantro for Karen to put on her salad, but I made her chop it up, and I made her sit on the other side of the table from me while we ate. I can't even stand to smell that stuff, let alone eat it. Gag. The photo is of my plate- sans cilantro, of course.
Here's a quick
link for the caramelized macadamia nuts that are used in this recipe, which can be used with any type of nut.
4 comments:
Patti...how can you NOT like cilantro???? What is your problem?? Seriously. I think you're missing a gene somewhere. ;) Cilantro = YUMMY! I suppose you hate avacados too?
You would suppose incorrectly, my friend. I love avocados. I'm picky, not stupid! Hahaha!
You are a good mama - even if you don't like cilantro. You can be forgiven for some things :)
I can't believe you ate caramelized nuts in your salad!! And I would have to leave out the cilantro AND the avocados!! and possibly the mango - hmmmm. Maybe this would not be a fav of mine....possibly I'm picky AND stupid?? But I do like the caramelized nuts!!
Post a Comment