Karen has been on a cupcake kick lately. She looked through my books and picked out a recipe (out of all the books and all the recipes in all the books, she picked this one!).
Here's Caleb and Karen making them look purdy.
Seems they turned out the way they were supposed to, but since I'm on that silly ol' family fitness bah-humbug deal, I didn't get to taste them. I have absolutely no idea if they were good or not.
Cheryl? Can you tell us if they were worth making again?
Karen wanted to thank the guys who helped us unload the moving van, so she and Caleb delivered the cupcakes to the appropriate houses. I hope we didn't poison them. Come to think of it, I haven't heard from anyone we delivered these to, so maybe we DID poison them. I'll wait for a call from the D.A. and keep my fingers crossed. The author of this book (Wendy Paul) is going to be on Studio 5 next Tuesday (11AM, channel 5) if you're local and want to check it out.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Cupcakes (from 101 Gourmet Cupcakes in 10 minutes) by Wendy Paul
1 box chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1 T milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg. ready-made chocolate chip cookie dough (we used real ccc dough, not ready-made)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cake mix, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Drop 1 tablespoon of batter into the paper liners, filling all 24. (Note- at this point the directions became very unclear and it's when I had to email Wendy for clarification. She never said when or how to add the cookie dough, just saying to "Pour the remaining batter on top of cookie dough filling and fill 3/4 full." However, the batter was anything BUT pourable, so I thought I must be mistaken. Evidently not).
I used my small cookie server (scoop) to plop some cakebatter dough into the liner. I then broke off a chunk of ccc dough and added that to the batter dough, and tossed them in the oven. Then I prayed, because I had no idea how these were going to turn out. Crazy enough, I still have no idea how they turned out. We frosted them with a little Cool Whip because I forgot to buy cream while I was at Costco, and added a few mini chocolate chips for a final touch.

Without fully reading the recipe, we got started on it. Part-way through, I realized we were in trouble. The only liquid in the recipe, besides the eggs and vanilla, is 1 tablespoon of milk. What? That's not cupcake batter, that's cookie dough! Panicked, I sent an email off to the author of the book (did you know you could even do that?). She replied in about an hour and said I was doing it right and just keep going. Okay.
I used my cookie scoop to plop some "batter" into the cupcake liner and then added a chunk of chocolate chip cookie dough to the cupcake as well, because that's what these were all about.
Seems they turned out the way they were supposed to, but since I'm on that silly ol' family fitness bah-humbug deal, I didn't get to taste them. I have absolutely no idea if they were good or not.Chocolate Cookie Dough Cupcakes (from 101 Gourmet Cupcakes in 10 minutes) by Wendy Paul
1 box chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1 T milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg. ready-made chocolate chip cookie dough (we used real ccc dough, not ready-made)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cake mix, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Drop 1 tablespoon of batter into the paper liners, filling all 24. (Note- at this point the directions became very unclear and it's when I had to email Wendy for clarification. She never said when or how to add the cookie dough, just saying to "Pour the remaining batter on top of cookie dough filling and fill 3/4 full." However, the batter was anything BUT pourable, so I thought I must be mistaken. Evidently not).
I used my small cookie server (scoop) to plop some cake

1 comment:
Sorry, I can't really help you here. I didn't eat the cupcake the night you brought them over and forgetting they were sitting in the kitchen when everyone went to bed, they didn't get put away, which made them dried out and hard. Jones wanted one for breakfast anyway and thoroughly enjoyed sticking his little fingers into the whip cream to eat the mini chocolate chips, but the cupcake was so hard it at this point it was difficult to bite into. The bite I had, tasted like a really good brownie to me. So I'd say these would be great if you eat them fresh from the oven rather than let them sit out overnight.
Post a Comment