Pin It!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This Is My Breakfast

Yesterday I told you about the fitness challenge I'm doing. Another rule, besides no processed sugar is you have to eat 5 servings of fruits/vegetables each day. That's a lot. Here's how I swallow that one...
I load up my smoothie maker with the following-
a cup of orange juice, 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries, 1/2 cup of blueberries, a whole banana, 1/4 cup of greek yogurt (there's a lot more protein with the greek stuff) and a huge handful of fresh spinach; probably somewhere between 1 cup and 1 1/4 cups of Popeye's favorite food. If it's hot outside, I add a few ice cubes. If not, not.

Then I blend it all up.
And drink it all down; one glass for breakfast and the leftovers for lunch. Surprisingly, even with the spinach in there, it's extremely tasty. And I score all five of my required servings just like that. Now if I could just go eat a cookie...



2 comments:

Amy said...

Yep - I had cookies and a coke for breakfast. :)

Cheryl said...

Hey, there was oatmeal in those cookies...that counts as a breakfast food, right Amy???