Pin It!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine Treat

The other day I chose to mix up some Rice Krispies Treats. I figured the recipe would be on the box, as it always has been in the past. I looked all over the box. Nada. I finally looked inside the box, voilĂ  (I'm so multilingual in that last sentence)! There was an English recipe and a Spanish recipe. Despite my multiligual-ness (or lack thereof), I chose to follow the English recipe. Because it's getting close to a certain holiday related to hearts and such, I chose to deviate from the normal Treat. I added some red food coloring to the melting butter/marshmallow mixture. I lined a 9x13 pan with waxed paper so I could lift the Treats out of the pan after letting it cool slightly.
Then I used my heart cookie cutter to cut out some shapes. Either I'm super buff, OR I used the back of the 9x13 pan as a pressing tool to push the cutter into the Treats.
Don't throw your scraps away. They're still tasty, just not presentable.
Did you know that when you line five hearts up together they make a star in the center?
I melted some white chocolate chips (it wasn't behaving nicely so I added a teaspoon of shortening to it), and spread half of the heart with the chocolate and then used a few sprinkles to make it pretty.
And then I got rid of it so I wouldn't eat them all. As for the scraps? I ate them all. by. myself.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Way super cute! You're back to your successful self again.

Patti said...

I don't know- it's pretty hard to mess up a Rice Krispies Treat! I had planned to put lollypop sticks in the bottom of the hearts and poke them into a basket lined with styrofoam, but the hearts were too heavy and it didn't work, so there they sit, on a plate. Not too creative, but still rather pretty.