Pin It!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lesson Enhancements

My Relief Society lesson last Sunday was about being happy. Do you remember that in the temple we are specifically told to "be happy?" Listen for it next time. And, count how many times they say "joy." I'm pretty positive I counted eight. I saw this on a blog somewhere. I don't remember where, but she was selling this as a print and charging $20 for it.
I didn't feel right about using it, since it was her design, so I enlisted my own designer and she came up with this, and used the space theme so it would go well in Caleb's bedroom. I love the green squiddy guy's expression! What a ride! Thank you, Karen. It was perfect.
Then I enlisted my friend's help to make a little handout with the saying on it. Thank you, Julie!
See? Here are a bunch of them, ready to go.
See the little squiggly do-hicky? My other friend showed me how to do that part and I practiced until I perfected it. Nice-looking do-hicky. Thanks, Michele!
Then I roped Julie in again to make this plaque for me. Remember when she made this one for me? I found this saying on the sidebar of my sister's friend's blog. I had never seen the saying before and I fell in love with it. I asked LynnEl to ask her friend if I could use it. She said yes.
Just before going to church, I decided to google the saying and it came up with a page-full of hits. So...it wasn't exactly an original, but it still added a lot to my lesson! The original quote is attributed to Dr. Heartsill Wilson (no, I've never heard of him either), and the plaque is almost word for word to what Dr. Wilson said. I gave Dr. Wilson the credit, and I placed the plaque in the most prime location in my house so I would see it several times a day.
Thanks, Julie! You should sell these things! You'd be rich in about 20 minutes if you did. Well, you would if more people read my blog, but they don't. Sorry.
Does anyone want to commission Julie for a plaque? I'll be the go-between (and I won't charge any extra for it). She can make any saying, any color, any size. Isn't that right, Julie? So who wants a plaque, and what do you want it to say?




3 comments:

brees said...

Love that plaque quote at the end, I need one of those! I love your creative ideas :) Still thinking of you eating your cookie dough! Brooke

Patti said...

Thanks, Brooke. They aren't my creative ideas though, I just hire the right people to help me! As far as the dough, there's hardly ANY left. Maybe I should go finish it off right now.

Ren said...

The space picture really does look better when you're looking at it while sitting in Caleb's room. And he loves it. Though if you ask him what it says, he answers "Caleb, I love you." Which is true in it's own way.