I put a few boneless chicken pieces in a crock-pot and covered it with a small can of green enchilada sauce. Then I went to church for three hours. When I came home and it was time to think about dinner, I shredded the chicken (still in the crock-pot, but with the heat turned off) and stirred in a can of cream of mushroom soup. You could use any "cream of" soup if you don't want to use mushroom. From a second small can of green enchilada sauce, I poured just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. I cooked up some tortillas (I only buy the uncooked kind now- you can get them from Costco) and scooped up some filling, added some grated (do you say shredded? I say grated) Monterrey Jack cheese, rolled it up and placed it in the pan. When the pan was full, I poured the remaining sauce over the tortillas, sprinkled some french fried onions on top, along with a little more cheese. I popped it in the oven until it was bubbly. It took about 20 minutes. We had rice and corn with it, and I thought of my son, Danny. I love you, Danny!


1 comment:
That counts as Mexican?
Post a Comment