Pin It!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Don't Have To Wait!

Last week I said I was going to try these fabulous-looking cinnamon rolls. I tried them. I was unimpressed. What does it take these days to impress me anymore? Seems all these recipes I've been looking at are only good to look at, and when you try them out, they're disappointing. They looked great on the blog I took it from.


Look at that! It was so dang long!

With all that cinnamon-y goodness inside! It made 24 large rolls, as promised. One pan came out tasting like onions. Evidently I have a pan that holds odors, even when you scrub it (because after I baked the rolls in it, then it smelled like cinnamon). The second pan didn't taste like onions, but the rolls just were unappealing (even though Brandon said they were good, but he was probably just trying to be nice). Yep, save your vanilla pudding for something else- I didn't think these were good enough to even keep the recipe. I guess from now on I'd better try it first, like Samuel keeps telling me!
So, I guess I'm not going to get fat on those rolls like I thought I might. However, I'm probably still doomed. I went to Costco yesterday and as I was making my way to the fun stuff (C-fold towels, laundry soap, paper towels, yep...all the fun stuff) my eye caught hold of the Christmas items that had already arrived, and lo and behold (don't you all say that at Christmas time?) there among the other chocolate items were THESE!
YES!


They're back! You can read how I became addicted here. Needless to say, when I saw them at Costco I immediately put one in my basket. And then I looked to see that no one was watching me and I put another one in my basket! With two bags in a box and two boxes in a package and having bought two packages, I should be all set for the next...20 minutes or so! I don't have to wait until December for my truffle "fix" after all!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I love Costco! These too are my favorite truffles. I love to give them as gifts. I just put a bow on a single bag and they make a great gift (4 actually). Time to stock up - thanks for letting me know.