Pin It!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Keepers

I made dinner for Cheryl's birthday last Sunday. I know I'm not supposed to use company as guinnea pigs, but it's just the way I do things...sorry SJ, I'll never learn. I apologize for a lack of pictures but click through to the recipe and you'll get the pictures. We were just so dang hungry that I didn't pause to take out the camera.
On the menu-
Avocado chicken-
Zucchini Mozzarella Medley-
Buttermilk Rolls-
I'm saving dessert for its own post- it was the best!
Everyone raved (especially for the rolls) so I guess the guinnea pigs went home happy. Personally, I really liked the vegetables. I added a red bell pepper just because I had one on hand, and I think it worked well. You could even make it a main dish if you added some chicken (if you felt the need for meat) and mixed it up with some cooked macaroni.
These recipes are keepers in my book (and I'm getting really picky, so you know they're good!)

P.S.
Happy Birthday to you. We love you, we miss you.
And, Happy Birthday to Katie.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Speaking as one of the guinea pigs, the dinner was fabulous and most definitely keepers. Thank you so much for going to all that trouble for a birthday dinner for me. You're wonderful!

I second the birthday wishes and sentiments. Will we ever get used to Catheryn being gone? My heart doesn't think so.

LynnEl Springer said...

Thanks Patti! My heart, Cheryl, knows that I personnally won't ever get used to it. I miss her so much. You can see a lovely letter written to her by Fig (really Christy)- a friend of Ryn's at dizzlefig.blogspot.com if you want. It's lovely. I talked - emailed - Christy a bunch yesterday.

Katie said...

Thanks Patti!