Pin It!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Relaxing Weekend

Bud and I drove down to St. George on Friday afternoon. We had a quiet, relaxing weekend. We went to a movie with our friends and then out to dinner. The movie was Iron Man, and the funniest part was that Bud honestly thought the movie was about a triathlon. We got a good laugh from that. We went to dinner at a restaurant next to a golf course (there are a lot of golf courses in St. George). The house dressing was a pear vinaigrette that was so delicious. I had a flat iron steak that was very tender and cooked almost perfectly (45 seconds less on the fire would have been better).
It was so nice to spend the weekend with no agenda, no plans, nothing to accomplish. If only it was a couple hours closer!

2 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

I'm glad you had such a relaxing weekend. We did too - and didn't have to drive anywhere to do that! I slept til 10 a.m. on Saturday and 9 on both Sunday and Monday! It was wonderful. I sewed the binding on my self-portrait quilt and also sewed a baby 'blanket' for little Chloe. I will just tie it tomorrow night. No piecing the top either. Sew easy! Now I'm making a shirt for Andrew for the Rennaisance Festival we're going to on Sept. 27. There is never enough time for me to just be at my sewing machine! I love it!

Cheryl said...

Unlike the two of you, my weekend was anything but relaxing! It was rewarding though. We're so grateful to be here, to be as settled as we are, to have as much done as we do. I hope I never ever have to move again...EVER! I think the first project I'll do once all of this settles down is to make dining room curtains and then a before and after movie of our home. Unlike you LynnEl, I think the majority of my sewing days are done. Instead of being in front of a sewing machine, I'd rather be in front of my computer, or my face in a book. Now that's relaxing!