Pin It!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finally! He Has a Name

On August 25th Karen and I went to The Quilted Bear to order a name magnet for Eliot for my bragging board. The woman said it would take about a week or so for the name to come it. I waited. And then I waited, and waited some more. Then I called the store. After much explanation for what I was talking about, the lady said it wasn't there yet. I waited some more and called again. This time I talked to someone else who said she'd call the crafter to ask what the delay was. She called me back to say the crafter wasn't home but she left a message. I continued to wait. I called again (by this time I have the phone number memorized! If ever you need it, call me and I'll recite it for you). This time the new saleswoman was very helpful. First she commiserated with me and agreed it shouldn't be taking this long and she'd call the crafter again and call me right back, which she did. I was told the crafter would be bringing the name magnet to the store on Friday after 3:30 and the store would call me when it arrived, which they did. I picked it up and it looked so lame! After all that waiting (from 8/25 to 9/12) and then it looked so dumb. My gripe with it was that the i was too close to the l, and the t was absolutely messed up. And, since I can't show it to you in its original form (because I didn't take a picture of it until after I "fixed" it, I'll just quickly tell you that the t had this horizontal line hooked onto it at the top of the t on the left side so it looked pretty much not like a t at all. I wondered if I could scratch that part off. The answer is yes!
So now Eliot is represented on both the tile wall and the brag board at my house. Hurray!

No comments: